Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Moment of Nostalgia

As a quick follow up to my Realities of Time Travel post I needed to show you a picture of the house I grew up in that I took yesterday while out garage sailing.  The house attached to mine was having a yard sale so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a quick picture.

While I remember being little, I don't remember actually physically being little.  Does that make sense?  I mean when I picture myself as a kid, I picture me at this height (5'8").  Ridiculous I know.  So when I was out of my car up close and personal with my old front lawn I was shocked at how little it actually was (like the size of a large car) but more importantly how little the hill in the yard was.   I remember sitting on that hill consciously aware it was a hill (it clearly really isn't) and my little legs didn't even make it to the side walk!  I was obviously too cool for this 'hill' when I became a teenager and actually was this current height of mine or I'd have figured this out a long time ago!

Ya, that's the crazy hill down in the right hand corner.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment