Monday, February 4, 2013

Me and Margie T.



"We have to be able to grow up.  Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be."  - Lauren Hutton


When I was 15 years old, I had the luck of meeting an amazing human being, and 23 years later I am still honoured to call her my friend.  A best friend.  She's not amazing to the masses - she's not famous or anything deemed by society to be awesome, but to those who know her, she's pretty rad.  I have so many memories that include her through the years, both good and bad.  But even during the not so great memories, she was a shining pillar in the darkness. 

She has shared in my triumphs, both loudly and stoically cheering me on.  She has tolerated my absences and whether she agreed or not she accepted my excuses.  She has cried with me during devastating losses and sometimes she just silently held me while I cried.   She has laughed hysterically with me, often at other people's expenses but sometimes even at our own.  She's stood up for me when other's have brought me down.   She knows me inside and out even if we don't spend nearly enough time together.  She still gets me after all these years.   We have done just about everything with each other at some point in time.  And I am eternally grateful that I have been able to share two centuries decades (Oops, thanks Tanya) of my life with her. 


So the very best wishes to my girl Margie on her birthday.  I know we'll share and experience so much more in our lives together and I'm so grateful to be able to call you my friend.  I hope only the best things come your way and I look forward to the days when we are both old, grey and wrinkled. 

Love you to the moon and back!  Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of the greatest chapters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment