Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roanisms at Christmas

So on Christmas Eve night around 11 p.m. Eric and I brought Roan's "Santa" loot downstairs and placed it out in the living room so we could get some sleep before he woke us up at the crack of dawn to open gifts. 
At some point between midnight and 1 a.m. I heard the pitter patter of little feet and thought at first it might just be the cats.  After a period of time I emerged from my bed to find an 11 year old laying in the hallway with one of the cats.  I instructed him he needed to get to bed.  After trying to convince me that there was just no point as he was too excited and couldn't sleep he conceded and headed to his room. 

At 4 a.m. I awoke to a quiet singing by said 11 year old.  So after wandering downstairs and meeting up with him in the hallway I told him (albeit through grinding teeth) to get his ass in bed as it was only 4 a.m. and no one was ready to get up yet (oh I'm so foolish). 

An hour passes and again I hear the soft singing from downstairs.  This time I was too exhausted to care so I left him to his own devices.  Not sure what he was doing. 

At 8 a.m. I awoke and went venturing through the house.  Roan was passed out cold on his bed and only silence emerged from Gage's nook.  I wandered into the living room to find that maybe there was in fact a Santy Claus as ALL of the Halo lego we had put out at 11 p.m. the eve before had been opened and completely put together.  And the most magical part of all?  The garbage and packaging were no where to be found, cleaned right up!!  Looks like my little 11 year old had a full night of building Legos. 

I actually had to go wake up Eric so he could see what Roan had been up to all night before the actual little labourer woke up.  Thanks for the early morning chuckles Roan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment