Monday, October 8, 2012

Table Lamp Make-over


It's so hard to find a lamp.  Well a good, loyal, loving lamp is often hard to find.  I'm glad this kitty found one.



I'm a lucky girl myself!  Last weekend at my sister in law's fundraising garage sale I saw across the stretch of yard a sweet, little lamp hoping to make contact with me.  It was touch and go there for a while because he's pretty little and he was buried amongst a whole lot of goods and ware, but kindred souls we are, so it was meant to be.   The adoption fee was a mere two dollars so together we left it all behind us.  I brought him home and gave him a little makeover.  He's feeling useful again with his new lot on life. 


 
 
I was in need of a table lamp (or two) for the new den, I bought one at a garage sale a while ago for five bucks and covered the throwback to the 80's with twine.  But it's been sitting on a shelf in my craft area because I haven't found a shade that I'm satisfied with.  Since I still had some twine left over from this project I decided to do the same makeover with this little guy.  Now if I can just find a similar shade for the larger one, I'll have two matching lamps.  A girl can dream right?  I mean who doesn't long for a unified lamp family? 




1 comment: