Sunday, July 22, 2012

Inspiring

An adjective which also means uplifting, encouraging, exciting, moving, affecting, stimulating, rousing, exhilerating, heartening. 

I've been called many things, but rarely has it ever been "inspiring".  I'm a pretty rad person and up until about 5 years ago I would have never said that.  But I am.  Oh please understand I do have my faults and there are things about me that I would love to change or alter, but after this many years of doing it those habits become hard to break.    Seeing where I was 10-15 years ago and looking at how far I've come and where I've landed, I cannot help but think I'm pretty amazing, in fact one might consider the road I've traveled and the end results 'inspiring'.  But that's not why I was told I was inspiring tonight, and not by one person, but by two, on two entirely separate occasions. 

I'm not going to lie, it is pretty nice to hear that I've inspired someone to do something that causes no one any harm, makes people smile and brings out another person's artistic side.   And inspiring others was never my intention or goal.  It's just an added bonus. 

Tonight I was rewarded for my crafting efforts with a craft of my own!  Yup, one I didn't even make myself (ya, I've rewarded myself with crafts, so what?).  Someone I've paid it forward to sent it back around my way. 



Andrea showed up at my house tonight after dinner bearing homemade gifts.  A twine wrapped vase (and a sample pack of Nutella cause she thinks it's repulsive and she knows Roan will eat it).  Check it peeps, it's her first attempt and I'd say it turned out pretty awesome.  I'm going to put it in my new den with my yarn wrapped bottles.  It matches perfectly. 

And because most of us know I'm all about finding ulterior motives, I've decided I can never stop crafting if it means occasionally someone will feel inspired to make something themselves and then gift it to me.  Cause what girl doesn't love unsolicitated gifts? 

Thanks Andrea!

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you smile then it's a good thing. It's the little things, they become much larger when you recognize and find the joy they offer. You are going to have to craft an addition to the house to display them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you like it, and glad to hear you will have a home for it soon enough.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete