Saturday, May 19, 2012

30 day challenge

So I've decided to take on the 'no meat' for 30 days challenge.  Eric's been on me about dumping meat from my diet because he thinks it might actually help my gut issue.  I'm not entirely convinced that meat is the main culprit of my ailment but I know there are often times it does contribute so it's not a terrible idea. 

I am a huge meat fan so this won't be easy for me, but I have a feeling it's not going to be as difficult as I'm anticipating once I get into the groove.  I started on Tuesday but flunked out on Wednesday (but they were all natural hotdogs, do those really actually count?  And I only ate TWO!).  So I had to start again on Thursday.  So far so good, though it's only been two official days now. 

I refuse to refuse meat entirely.  I'm going to cave once in a while but I think the goal is to really start limiting my meat consumption overall.  If I'm still having issues after a month, then I guess Dairy is on the chopping block next.  So for now I've been perusing Pinterest for awesome vegetarian dishes to make for dinner.  A little more boring than creeping Pinterest for sweet crafting ideas.  I won't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment