Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Final Hours

For the majority of Kanika's final hours I had the house to myself.  I am actually grateful for the alone time I got to spend with her.  These are the final pictures I took before we said our final good bye. 




We've brought her home, wrapped in her orange blanket and buried her in a casket in our back yard with my other beloved kitty, Tabby, who passed away in the summer of '97.  I'd been hanging on to her cremated remains all this time not sure what to do with them.  I thought it was appropriate to put her remains in with Nika and bury them both here at my home. 




Nika's passing is still so surreal to me.  I think Oliver has finally figured out she's not coming back.  He's been acting funny and (I think) crying strange mews while wandering aimlessly.  Poor little guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment