Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Like I said in a previous post, I don't have the energy or desire to go back and recap the tornado of emotions I felt the day leading up to and the actual day of my dad's birthday, December 20.  I had pushed his birthday and thought of it being the cause of emotional distress to the back of my mind.  I had mistakenly focused all of my fear on Christmas.  How wrong I was. 

Gage and I had a discussion the day before his birthday, at a time when I still thought I was going to get through it unscathed, and we came up with the idea to do something small to commemorate it but nothing over the top.  We wouldn't have done anything over the top if he was still here so why start now?  He came up with just getting a birthday cake.  Done!  Easy and great idea.  So after work I stopped and picked up some cupcakes (who doesn't love cupcakes more than cake?!?) and candles.  It was decided that after dinner we would each like a candle in our cupcake and silently say a prayer or a birthday wish for dad.  So we did just that.  It was perfect. 







No comments:

Post a Comment