Monday, September 26, 2011

Superfan!

To say I'm a fan of Jane's Addiction is putting it mildly.  Though the walls of my bedroom are not adorned with posters of them (because I'm 37!), I've been listening to their music for years now.  Probably since 1989 or so.  And while I love, love, love Perry (and the boys) it makes me nervous to even think about meeting him (or any of them for that matter) face to face.  I think I'd make a total ass of myself and come off looking like a complete moron.  I can't think of another musician off the top of my head with as unique of a voice as him.  I could listen to him sing all day.


I'm stuck on which, Jane's Addiction's self titled album or Nothing's Shocking, is my absolute favourite album but it's safe to say those two top my list.  Ritual was awesome, but I was left slightly disappointed with Strays and only mildly more impressed with Kettle Whistle.  So you can appreciate my apprehension when I found out they were releasing a new record.  I feel like I've been let down by them just a little too frequently lately. 

HOWEVER, on my XM radio today I happened to overhear their new release Irresistible Force and can I just say, I LOVE IT!!!???!!!??  I've listened to it about 20 times in the past hour.  Yup, I'm like a 5 year old. 

Check it bitches!  You won't be sad.  http://janesaddiction.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment