Monday, December 20, 2010

Warm Snow

It's a week before Christmas.  Less than actually.  I'm sitting in my office at work and I feel like I've been caught up in a snow globe that some fascinated child has just discovered.  It's snowing out.  It is the perfect Christmas day kind of snow.  Big fluffy flakes coming at us in all directions.  I tried to take a picture of it but the photo does it no justice. 



 And by the time I finished uploading the pictures, the snow has completely ceased to exist.  It is now clear as a bell.  So strange.  I'm not a big fan of snow.  Frankly, winter is the most dreaded time of year for me.  But big fluffy snow falls when I'm not having to be out in it give me a warm feeling deep in my core.  But that feeling is gone now. It only lasts for a moment.  Now it's just overcast and grey with snow to be shovelled and I'm at work when I'd rather be at home in front of my fireplace with my pyjamas on. 

Edit:  It's now 4 p.m. and it's snowing like a bitch again.  This time I don't find it warm and endearing as I must trek out into it and make my way home shortly.  I hate driving in fluffy-lovely-to-look-at-but-not-drive-in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment