Friday, December 3, 2010

Sad Mamma

Sometimes being a mom isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

It's ironic that I spent the morning cleaning my desk and came across papers on how to parent a teenager and what not and while I was reading through some of the things a typical 13 year old puts his parents through I genuinely thought I was pretty lucky.  Then I got the phone call.  Sigh, the fourth most dreaded phone call one can receive about her child.  A call from the school/teacher. 

I thought I have been raising a better person than he's apparantly been lately.  This is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in him.  I know it's early, he's only 13, and that there will probably be many more times ahead of me, but it sucks to learn that your kid has the capability of being a shmuck.  I know he's better than this. 

He's got some hard core punishment coming his way.  I guess I want to believe that because he's still young, I can mold him into the character I'd like him to grow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment