Sunday, October 24, 2010

The little things in life.

It must be my lucky weekend.  I've never been shy about liking free stuff, or great deals or coupons or anything of those sorts.  Well it started last week for me, and I hope it continues.  I found a sweet, sweet deal at Groupon.com so I took advantage and got another gift out of the way.  It's pretty cool, but I can't talk about it yet because the person it's for reads this blog.  Then on Friday I went to Starbucks and ordered my Grande Caramel Apple Spice and they didn't have any apple juice.  Of course they didn't.  They NEVER do when I want one and since I don't drink tea or coffee I requested my second of only two choices I have at Starbucks; a strawberry smoothie.  After waiting damn near ten minutes for my smoothie, she proudly announce Orange Mango smoothie!  So I stood there and stared at her thinking it was someone else's smoothie, but alas it was mine.  Argh.  I was nice though.  Since I have entered the world of management I have so much appreciation for handling disappointment politely.  I said it was supposed to be strawberry, but I'll just drink this one.  She gave me a free drink coupon for next time I go to Starbucks.  That makes me happy.  THEN, on Saturday I went shopping with my momma bear and decided to go pick up a pair of DC's for Gage for Christmas and of course the one pair (that I wanted) left in his size is missing the matching shoe.  Typical for Holly.  So they gave a discount coupon for the next time I buy a pair of shoes.  AND THEN, when I got home Netflix had sent me an email telling me they had extended my free subscription because the sound was messed up on a show I wanted to watch.  Yippee!  And then Marble Slab sent me a coupon I wanted with an already expired date on it so I emailed them with my disappointment and they sent me another one!   

It really is the little things in life that make me smile.  Now if only the company I worked for understood how simple it is to buy me...

No comments:

Post a Comment