Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lonesome Traveller

So it looks like the decision has been made.  Eric won't be joining me on my Disney trip in November.  He went through all that crap a week or so ago and it made him re-evaluate his financial situation, so that's the main reason.  As well, he has an opportunity to meet with a couple prospective employers in his field during the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto the same week we had planned to go.  I've taken a look at my finances and if I really stretched it I could probably pay for all of us and our flights, but I'd be very stressed out and it wouldn't leave me much spending money and frankly he wouldn't allow me to do that. 

So it looks like I'll be traveling alone with two boys to Florida.  We're calling on Tuesday to try to rearrange the reservations thus far and there are no penalties as long as it's done 45 days prior to our arrival which it will be.  I'm hoping I can finagle a way to work out the free dining plan promotion.  I'll have to research all that before we call to make the cancellation.  That would be an added bonus. 

I'm still looking forward to the trip.  Though I'm bummed to be doing it alone, when I originally told the boys I'd take them I had assumed it would just be me and them so I guess it's not that big of a deal.  There will be more than enough to keep me busy and since I'm staying on the Disney grounds and Disney is picking us up at the airport I shouldn't worry about getting too lost in a foreign country with my kids. And I'll probably be so exhausted at the end of each day that we'll just pass out anyway. I'm probably going to be most bummed that he isn't there to partake in my Harry Potter amusement park excitement.  I'm going to burst with glee that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment